Saturday, October 14, 2017

California on Fire

"Inferno"   Pastel  5x7  © Donna Gross
Available contact artist
Greetings friends...
I am back from my travels to the Big Sky Country of Montana.  Flying home over the north bay area of California in the early evening hours, I could see my state on fire.  
I have a sister in the evacuated area now and I am sitting pins and needles.  The forces of nature are showing their colors....today's painting had a limited palette....mostly the hues of fire and smoke.
The Earth is in turmoil.  So many natural events have occurred in a short period of time....earthquakes in Mexico, hurricanes in the southeast and Puerto Rico and the Caribbean...and the fires of the northwest of the US...and now here in my near backyard.  These events remind me of my small place in the world and my personal responsibility to keep my footprint as small as possible.
To all those affected by the Somoma/Napa fires and other disasters , my thoughts are with you ..
Be safe.

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...