Monday, November 13, 2017

Color Study Series #1

"Birdwatching on the Marsh"  Pastel  8 x 10 © Donna Gross
I have decided to begin a color study and exploration to further my knowledge of the color wheel and creating color harmony.  Today's piece was accomplished with a split complimentary scheme using hues of blue, red-orange, and yellow- orange. I found using a prepared canvas board challenging.  I have used these canvas boards before and each time I feel like they eat up my pastels!! Mounds of dust.
I prefer sanded paper grit 400-600 which feels like a fine emory board when I brush it with the pad of my finger.  
The irony of me using pastels as my medium of choice is that I persevere despite the enormous amount of dust that it generates.  For those who know me best...dust is my enemy!
But colorful pastel dust....not so....

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...