Monday, April 9, 2018

My Busy Weekend!!

"Lost and Found"  Pastel  11 x 10 © Donna Gross
Available contact artist
"Waiting to Open"  Pastel  12 x 9  © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com

"Girl Power"  Pastel 9 x 12  © Donna Gross
Available contact artist

I'm often unsure of what exactly I am doing when I paint.
I have a photo reference or a vase of tulips...a memory of a special time on vacation with special people...
But the truth is I never know what I'm going to get...I never know the end result...
So it is with this journey we are all on. I mean, you get up every day and tumble out of bed and expect your legs to take you to the bathroom and do the necessary things one does in the morning. 
But really, do we really know if that will happen? When I go to switch the light switch, I expect the electricity to power the light....but again, do I really know that it will go as expected.
Go as expected.
Expectations.
Dangerous territory... wisdom tells me that 
"expectations are resentments waiting to happen"....
When I paint, I just am...So too when I live, I just am. 
A daily practice to keep my life full of joy and 
serenity.

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...