Monday, April 2, 2018

Reflections

"Reflections"  Pastel  9 x 9 © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com
My little corner of heaven, my art studio, is housed in my teeny tiny garage....a corner of the garage.  
On beautiful sunny days like today, I open the garage door and go to it.
About 2:00 today I heard a familiar buzz.  Stepping out into the daylight and looking up I spotted him.....my amazing son, a student pilot, solo flying his little light sport aircraft at about 3500 feet ... This isn't the first time I've been lucky enough to spot him up there...living his dream...
The first time I jumped about and shouted with glee and told a few neighbors who happened to be out in the neighborhood..."Look up! That's Gerhard! He's flying!!"
Today, I simply looked up and waved....he wouldn't be able to see me...but that's OK...I could see him....
Reflections....is today's effort at the easel. Reflecting back to when my son was 3 years old...a toy airplane in each hand as he gazed up when an airplane would fly over..his little voice saying, "Small plane..." I would take him to the very airport he now flies out of to see the small planes and watch them land and take off....he was a well known figure at age 3...everyone knew him...
today he's well known there as well at age 20...
Reflections....it's been a great journey so far.

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...