Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A favorite subject for me!

"Cairo" 5 x 7 Pastel © Donna Gross
Available contact artist
I am a lover of felines. I have four cats of my own along with one lovebird! This wonderful feline is not my cat but one I see often.  When he can, he sneaks into the piano room of my teacher's house and promptly takes a seat at the bench ready for attention.  Cairo is such a character. An Abyssinian, he is vocal and quite affectionate.  His emerald green eyes and too large for his adorable face ears, enchant me each time I am graced with a visit.
My goal today was to capture his eyes and leave the rest loose and expressive.  I have included my reference photo below.  For the hour I painted this piece, I felt like I was having a conversation with this photogenic feline!



My reference photo

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...