Friday, October 6, 2017

On a Dock with Curious Ducks!

"Moored in the Morning Light"   Pastel   5x7   © Donna Gross
Good morning from Whitefish, Montana!  There is quite the art community in this little resort hamlet of population 7000. Last night was "First Thursday Art Walk" here .....what timing for me!  I was treated to viewing several gallery open houses where some artists were present.   Of course I introduced myself and picked their brains on techniques , approaches, inspiration, etc.  Up here in Northwest Montana, western art is what sells. Landscapes of the surrounding area which features the magnificent Glacier National Park .  Many pieces depicted animals of this area...grizzled bears,





wolves, elk, bighorn sheep... Also a great many canvases depicted Native American life before colonization. 
One gallery I visited called Sunni World Art Gallery suntiworldartgallery.com displayed the owner's sculptures which were amazing.  Hyper-realistic and life size, the head busts almost began to move as I stared in amazement at the artistry and technical accomplishment.
As an emerging fine artist, I am grabbing every opportunity to view art...whether in my home town or 
during my travels....I also find lovely places to paint!
My view


My morning companions!!


No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...