Thursday, October 5, 2017

Aspens in Autumn

"Aspens in Autumn"   Pastel   5x7  © Donna Gross


There is nothing quite like the beauty and shimmer of aspens in the fall light....The sun is lower in the sky now  and the light makes everything more chromatic...almost like looking through a Polaroid lense...
Awakening to the sound of the train conductor announcing our arrival into Whitefish, Montana, I found myself scurrying to gather my belongings and myself within a ten minute time frame!  Not the way I usually wake up!  I think I had my pajama top still on under my goose jacket!
After gathering my bearings and finding the necessary cup of coffee, I secured a shuttle to my lodging for the night. Later this morning I embarked on foot to see what this charming ski resort town just west of Glacier National Park had to offer.   I headed out to Whitefish Lake with my pastels in tow.  I found a picnic table!! The aspens surrounding the table ,which had a view of the expansive lake, were inviting me .....
Today I found the pencils I have been using on this trip an excellent tool for rendering a bit of pointillism work for the leaves.....my palette is limited but my memory of this beautiful setting is not! Enjoy this study of fall foliage...
Happy Autumn 🍂 

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...