Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Feathered Friends ...

"Redpoll in Winter"  Pastel 5 x 7 © Donna Gross
available....donnatheresafineart.com
Look at this cutie! I just love birds and painting them....birds are the indicator species for our environment.  Where there is an abundance of birds, the environment is healthy. So true for the opposite...
I became interested in birds when my husband of 23 years and I began dating...In fact our first date was to go birdwatching! Not your usual first date, but I was curious...Early in our marriage we went on a "birding" trip with overly enthusiastic birdwatchers to Costa Rica....They proved a bit extreme for our liking.  Didn't do that again! 
My husband feeds the neighborhood birds...so there are lots of little lovelies to look at all day.  There are wetlands near our home here in Santa Cruz, Ca. where we can look at ducks to our hearts content...just couldn't ever imagine harming one let alone hunt one....I prefer to paint them and appreciate the joy they bring to my everyday.....
The piece above is available for purchase as are all the paintings you view here on my blog. 
For now, if you are interested, please contact me via email and we can work something out!
In the meantime, go out and look and listen to your feathered friends.....

My inspiration

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...