Friday, December 22, 2017

A Year in Pastels

"Kissing Cousins"  Pastel 6 x 11 © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com
It was a year ago that I was bit by the "Pastel Bug"... 
I was enrolled in a drawing class at the local community college.  The last several weeks the instructor introduced color using pastel medium.  I will never forget my first few strokes of the dusty sticks.... Oooooo! What fun.  I went home and started practicing on my own.  I haven't stopped since.
Yesterday, I did a still life of the iconic pear that most every artist attempts sometime in their art journey.  I also did a trio of pears early in my year of pastel work...about a year ago. 
See for yourself... progress? I'd like to say yes!

"Red Pears" Pastel 8 x 10 © Donna Gross
Available contact artist

Progress not perfection....there is no perfection...
It is a relief to live a life of progress..not perfection..
A lesson I have to relearn daily.

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...