Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Happy Place

"Contemplation"  Pastel  11 x 10 1/2  © Donna Gross
Available contact artist

This piece is a reworked pastel from an earlier attempt.  I submitted this piece for a professional review from Marla Baggetta pastelpaintinglessons.com
It was met with a good review and she gave me some concrete recommendations to make it a potential exhibition piece.
It was instantly joyous to be in my little studio in my little garage today.  It is my happy place.. It brings me to the present moment and protects me from distraction, anxiety, fear, or worry....
Walking in nature , playing the piano, even rarely dancing ballet can be invaded by "Ramone".....
Who's that?  The voice in my head....the voice in all of our heads that tells us bad things about ourselves... the voice that puts doubt in our minds about our inherent goodness... the voice that echoes others opinions of us....We all have a "Ramone"....  I find it helpful to name this little devil....separate it from my  essence...it is a product of my environment influenced by people , places, and things that I have no control over.....
When "Ramone" raises his ugly head, I get busy.  I go to my happy place.... I surround myself with the luscious sticks of color....I move those sticks of chroma around on a piece of a rough sanded surface....soft and hard...light and dark...calm and anxiety... good for you....not so good for you....
choose.
May the new year fill you with good choices...take great care of yourselves!

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...