Monday, March 26, 2018

Confidence vs. Doubt

"The Path of Least Resistance"  Pastel  6 x 9 © Donna Gross
Available contact artist
A friend texted me today....wondering what happened to my blog entries in that she hadn't received any lately....she liked the way my entries about art could apply to everyday life. 
When I started this blog, I wanted an intention. Some bloggers take an educational approach for their audience which is so helpful when one is learning a new art form or recipe or any subject of interest.
There are plenty of art blogs out there that are for educational purposes. I am certainly not seasoned enough to provide my readers with "tips of the trade".....I'm still a beginner.
So I decided to make this a" hodge-podge "of insight, story, and sometimes a personal take on life.
So here goes.... The Path of Least Resistance.....For me this does not mean to take the "easy road" but rather reminds me that I need not struggle so much....insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over expecting the same results....that could translate to reminding a family member to follow a certain insignificant house rule, which somehow continues to be forgotten. 
Instead of pushing my agenda, I just cease...give it a rest...turn my attention to something less angst provoking.  Because really, how important can it be? Apparently not important enough to my housemates!! Within my art making process, I choose the path of least resistance all the time...well, at least I try. Choosing subject matter with the fewest shapes possible to provide my viewer an interesting composition  but providing me an ease of rendering. When I sit down for a painting session, I make sure I will not be interrupted...I limit my palette of colors so as not to get overwhelmed with choice....I have a cup of coffee...I unplug...I turn on the heater if I need it....I eat first...I release resistance. I ignore all obstacles to success.... like the voice in my head that may tell me I suck at this thing called art....I give that voice a name...His name is Ramone...don't listen to Ramone. 
So when doubt creeps in, take the path of least resistance....cease to struggle...take care of you because you are number one .... always. Confidence returns...you'll see....

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...