Friday, March 9, 2018

Yosemite's Splendor

"Leaping Lupine"  Pastel  12 x 9  © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com
Last summer, I had the amazing experience of hiking into the back country of Yosemite National Park.  Yosemite is the jewel of California.  Hiking with my husband and two college age kids, the 16 mile round trip trek gained us an elevation of 5,000 ft. 
For my family, that is my husband and kids, it was a piece of cake.
Not so for me.
There was the infamous "Murder Mountain" .  One morning I awoke with a splitting headache and had a mini tantrum that is a funny spectacle to watch my son relive my whining!! 
But I did it! I am no spring chicken and whereby I won't reveal my age here , I can tell you that I have many decades under my belt! 
With about 10 pounds on my back, sunshine beating down my body, I put one foot in front of the other and made it to our destination. The trip was several days long. Pack it in and pack it out....everything. Yep...everything.
We experienced a hail storm one afternoon while taking cover under a flimsy tarp diverting rivelets of water so as not to get soaked and muddy. 
But it was the meadows of lupine that mesmerized me. This piece above is rendered loosely from a photo of a field alive with lupine. Simply breathtaking.
What I cherished the most, was being away from civilization and spending my time with the three people I love most in this world. Simply heaven.

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...