Thursday, April 19, 2018

Going Big!!

"Summer Stroll"  Pastel  12 x 18  © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com
Are you enjoying the spring weather yet?  
Here on the Central Coast of California in Santa Cruz, the days are getting longer...that is daylight is lingering until 7:30ish...
the wind is blustery and the sky is much like the image above...brilliant blues with puffy clouds.
I had a left over piece of pastel sheet on my easel. This painting measures 12 x 18 inches...a bit larger than my usual 9 x 12... it was so much fun to drag my pastels sticks across the sanded paper in large languid strokes while I blocked in the big shapes... 
This piece beckons me to take a stroll on a brilliant summer day.
I keep looking up...literally...at the trees, the clouds, birds....
I feel so grateful to see the world through an artist's eye....

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...