Friday, May 4, 2018

Plein Air in the Neighborhood

"Big Brother"  Pastel 6 x 8 © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com

Loving the outdoors!
I've lived in my lovely cul-de-sac for 20 years now...it's the longest time I have lived anywhere!
In fact, in my 20's, I was quite the vagabond... 
I owned a 1971 VW bus and took to the road with my boyfriend at the time and 3 cats...crazy cat lady that I am...I have 4 cats currently!! I took two tours of the United States driving the perimeter and plunging down Interstate 40 through the middle...I have so many memories of this time in my life where everything I owned could fit in my vehicle.  Life carried on... I got married ( to a different person..) and my parents bought us a washer and dryer when they found out we had to drive 20+ miles to the nearest laundromat...well that did it.  I couldn't fit everything I owned into a car anymore!  I was a domesticated woman... children followed and a house was purchased and roots were grown here in beautiful Santa Cruz, California...
Today I ventured outside my teeny tiny garage studio onto the driveway and worked plein air...that's French for "plenty of air"...
What a delightful way to spend my Friday afternoon in the neighborhood....
20 years and counting!

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...