Sunday, May 20, 2018

Working Bigger than Usual

" Resting Place"  Pastel  14 x 11 © Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com  
Working this size takes planning.  It's a practice I am actively practicing!! Planning...
In composition, I plan where I want my viewer's eye to go...from point A to point B and perhaps other places along the way.  In value, I plan where the sun is in my composition and appropriate shadows...execute highlights... it's a win win combination....planning.
In my mind, in my daily life, I am planning...when I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I sleepily think about what the next day's plans are.... however, am I present?
When I paint, I am most present than at any other time in my everyday.  
We are born innocent with only our moment to moment experience .... as we grow out of that innocence and join the rest of humanity in this thing we call life, each moment becomes everything but that very moment...then , for some of us, we notice all the planning....all the noise in our heads and if we're willing, we find a way out of that noise and into the present moment.
For me, it is the creation of beauty when I paint.  Tell me what brings you to the present moment and out of planning.?

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...