Saturday, September 23, 2017

Clouds and drama



"After the Storm"
Today I am visiting my daughter at her college campus.  She attends UC Berkeley, the seat of the free speech movement.  With the country's political climate in a series of constant storms, I thought it fitting to share this cloud study I did from a lesson I followed along with master pastelist Marla Bagetta  marlabaggetta.com   I have learned most of what I put into my art practice from generous artists like Marla Baggetta, Karen Margulis, Bethany Fields, Susan Jenkins, to name a few. They share their knowledge and techniques online via YouTube It is a time honored tradition to pass on what you know in the art world and for artists to practice what they see.

There is a planned march on campus tomorrow. These demonstrations lately bring to the news the widening rift between political ideologies. Sometimes rhetoric leads to violence...it has me worrying sometimes for my daughter's safety... whatever side of the coin one may land, it would sit better with us mothers if the kids could just get along on the playground and avoid a storm.....









No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...