Thursday, December 28, 2017

Finding Inspiration Everyday and Mixing It Up

"Tomato and Two Persimmons"  Pastel 6 x 11 ©Donna Gross
Available donnatheresafineart.com
What am I going to paint today?  
It is unusual for me to be stumped by this question.  I usually have inspiration... I am always on the lookout for compositions that catch my eye.  
Lately, I have done a series of landscapes... today, still life....
I very much enjoy still life... it is a more refined rendering... detail oriented... and I usually do a smaller canvas when I paint still life... so I bring my supplies into the kitchen and sit at the table and hang out with my family and listen to NPR .... the convenience of having a sink right there to wash my hands periodically is really nice... having the refrigerator and the Keurig coffee machine close by is also a plus!  Cozy winter day painting in the kitchen with my  kids nearby and coffee... and my cats...and NPR...or classical music....
perfect!

No comments:

The Daily James

  "James" "Partners For Life" A bird can't preen its own head with its bill, so they use their feet to clean head fe...